North Carolina On-site Wastewater Contractor Inspector Certification Board
Minimun Inspections: The on-site wastewater system inspection, hereinafter referred to as Inspection, shall be performed in accordance with the Standards of Practice of the North Carolina On-site Wastewater Contractors and Inspectors Certification Board.
Minimum Inspection Requirements can be viewed at www.ncowcicb.info.
Services provided shall include: Inspection meeting minimum requirements
Cost of Services to be provided: $370.00, due on day of inspection.
Addition cost may be apply under the following conditions:
1. $50.00 for any digging required after the first 12” depth when accessing the septic tank.
2. $40.00 for mileage beyond a 70-mile radius of Raleigh.
Inspector is NOT REQUIRED to report on:
1. Life expectancy of any component or system
2. The causes of the need for a repair
3. The methods, materials and costs of corrections
4. The suitability of the property for any specialized use
5. The market value of the property or its marketability
6. The advisability or inadvisability of purchase of the property
7. Normal wear and tear to the system
Inspector is NOT REQUIRED to:
1. Identify property lines
2. Offer warranties or guarantees of any kind
3. Calculate the strength, adequacy, or efficiency of any system or component
4. Operate any system or compo nent that does not respo nd to normal operating controls
5. Move excessive vegetation, structures, personal items, panels, furniture,equipment, snow, ice, or debris that obstruct access to or visibility of the system and any related components
6. Determine the presence or absence of any suspected adverse environmental condition or hazardous substance, including toxins, carcinogens, noise, and contaminants in the building or in soil, water, and air
7. Determine the effectiveness of any system installed to control or remove suspected hazardous substances
8. Predict future condition, including failure of components
9. Project operating costs of components
10. Evaluate acoustical characteristics of any system or component
11. Inspect equipment or accessories that are not listed as components to be inspected
12. Conduct dosing volume calculations
13. Evaluate soil conditions beyond saturation or ponding
14. Eva luate for the presence or condition of buried fuel storage tanks
15. Evaluate the system for proper sizing, design, or use of proper materials
16. Perform a hydraulic load test on the system
Inspector IS REQUIRED to:
1. Uncover tank lids and distribution devices so as to gain access unless blocked. The distribution box may remain covered if the Inspector has an alternate method of observing its condition
2. Probe system components where deterioration is suspected
3. Report the methods used to inspect the on-site wastewater system
4. Open readily accessible and readily openable components except when access is obstructed or when access could damage the system or property
5. Report signs of abnormal or harmful water entry into or out of the system or components
As required by 21 NCAC 39 .1002 (a) (1) this contract must be provided by Inspector and signed by client or client' s representative prior to Inspection being performed.
Acceptance of Inspection stated above and permission to access property is hereby granted with by accepting Terms Of Service.